Hey folks, sorry it's been so long since we've updated the blog. Izzy keeps barking about "That is my blog and I don't want you hogging it up! ARRF ARRF". Well, she gets busy sometimes and doesn't have time to update it so I'll just have to beg for forgiveness rather than ask for permission. Ok, so we have started our training. Actually we started last week. Personally, I'm having a blast. This is a piece of cake. As for the others, HA! not so much. I laugh so hard watching Izzy being DRAAAAGGGGEEED across the yard. She just doesn't get it. If ya just go with the flow, everyone's stress level will go way down. She IS stubborn though. We're taking it easy at first with Jaxon. He's special! Well the training company is called "Sit Means Sit". They're out of Houston. I really like our trainer. He is a very nice guy. He is always petting me and telling me how good I am. Lol, I keep telling Izzy and Jaxon that they'll get there eventually. Right off the bat, we got goodies from the trainer. We got these nifty beds that are raised off of the ground.
My Dad had one of these before. He liked them because when we went to the beach I could lay on it and not in the sand. I like it because when there are a lot of people over I have a "Special Place" I can go to and not be bothered. We also got new collars and leashes. Now I have had these collars before but Izzy and Jaxon didn't know a thing about them. Dad says that they are "E" collars because they are electric. OK PEOPLE, don't get excited, I have had one for most of my life and they're not bad. In fact they help me to understand better what Dad wants me to do. He doesn't speak good Dog so this helps with translation. Let's face it there are lots of smells and sounds that will draw a dogs attention off of his human and since humans run the earth, they are aware of dangers that we may not understand. Case in point, I got to chasing a rabbit one time and all I had on my mind was getting that rabbit. Well, I didn't realize it at the time but that dumb rabbit was headed straight out across a busy road. If my Dad hadn't got my attention with that collar I would have chased that rabbit out into that road and there ya go, SQISH LIKE GRAPE.
Note the smaller contacts on the collar on the right for smaller dogs.
Really though, when used correctly these collars are no different than someone poking you on the shoulder to get your attention. My Dad says that sometimes they get a bad rap cause people buy them and don't know the proper way to use them. Well, the trainers here so I gotta run but I'll let y'all know how it goes tonight. Take care y'all.

No comments:
Post a Comment