Everyday KAOS, Canine style! Introducing Jack the Plothound aka the " Great Bear Hunter", Jaxon the Boston Terrier aka the " Mr. Wimpy", and at last Isabella (Izzy) a French Bulldog aka "The Princess Frog". Join us as we embark on our journey to live happily ever after.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Training Week 3
Ok, so we've all been working really hard this week on our training and things are going really well. I have a bit of a leg up because I've been through this before and am basically doing some refresher work and learning new skills. Dad is changing some of my commands to make it a little easier for me to help Izzy and Jaxon. I really like this training. It helps us understand what our humans expect from us and it eases stress levels around the house. Izzy is really stubborn but she is starting to come around really well. Jaxon is a nut. All he wanted to do this week was eat his leash but tonight he did really well. Dad says that part of this is human training also. Just as we learn about our humans, they also learn more about what makes us tick and improves the all around communications between us. Dad has been working with all three of us but Mom says she's gonna help more now. She gets a little frustrated with Izzy but that's not hard to do sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I love Izzy but she can be a bit intense at times. One of the best parts about it is that we are able to be more confident and less confused in what our humans want us to do. It also makes our humans more confident in their ability to take us into the public without fear of us getting into trouble. See its not that we are bad dogs, it's just that we each have our own personality issues that not everyone understands as much as our humans do. For example, being a hound dog I LOOOOOVE to smell everything. Well, Dad says that isn't always polite when we're in public. Izzy and Jaxon simply want to do their own thing which makes it difficult for our humans to take them places because they have to concentrate so much on keeping them out of trouble that they can't do the things that they went out to do in the first place. Our trainer is great. He is teaching us to keep our attention on our humans. This is really important as the world can be a dangerouse and scary place sometimes. Since we can't read signs and things we have to trust them to keep us safe and healthy. It sure made it easier for Dad to do that when I did my training before. Izzy is doing a lot better with her "come" and "sit" commands. (Now if we could just train her to not snore!" Jaxon is learning that the leash is not a killer monster snake that is trying to eat him all the time and is doing a great job at sitting and waiting till he is called to move again. All in all this is an exciting and fun time. I'm really enjoying fine tuning my skills and I'm extremely proud of the progress that Izzy and Jaxon are making. Just do t tell them I said so. Well I'm hitting the sack folks we'll be back in touch soon. I'll post some pics later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment